Sunday 25 January 2015

Love Sewing Magazine/Simple Sew Lottie Blouse II


Lottie Blouse number 2! Failing again at my hunt to find some geometric fabric I settled for some bold floral viscose from the market in town.

I got the first half of the making done in an afternoon. What took the time was faffing about with the neck tie! Whichever way I did it I could NOT get it to line up properly and lie flat. In the end (after unpicking about 10 times!) I attached around the neckline using slip stitch first then did some funky folding over of the tie ends to try and make them lie flat! Not particularly professional, but I don't think you can tell unless you know!


I love working with viscose, despite it's fray-some qualities. I incorporated french seams again so hopefully don't have to worry about troublesome threads!


I'm working on number three as we speak then I promise it's time for another pattern!


x

6 comments:

  1. This is great again! I'm really impressed by all your makes!

    On the neck band front, I had trouble a few months ago when attaching the front band to a robe/dressing gown, and what saved me was a walking foot. It feeds both layers of the fabric through at the same speed, so should help the band lie flat. I find it a life saver with more delicate/slippery fabrics like silk and viscose.

    I've completed my kimono, by the way, and included a link to your version in my post :)
    http://www.queenofdarts.com/2015/01/silk-kimono.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks! Been looking at walking feet so may have to invest!
      Your kimono looks fab! That fabric is so lovely! I'm so glad you knew what I meant about adding a band- it's quite difficult to explain! Thanks for linking me in your post :)
      Looking forward to your next make! x

      Delete
    2. No problem. I just dug out the post when I first used the walking foot - and it also contains a link to another blog where there was a bit of information on the walking foot, in case it helps http://www.queenofdarts.com/2014/09/mint-robe-vintage-butterick-7056.html

      Happy sewing!

      Delete

  2. Featured on SSB. Thanks for permitting.
    https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees ❀

    ReplyDelete